The Great Barrington Land Conservancy (GBLC) is dedicated to preserving and
the community’s natural resources and distinctive character. Through promotion and
fundraising endeavors, GBLC enables the dedication of open space to agricultural,
recreational and scenic purposes through acquisitions, conservation easements, and
agricultural preservation restrictions.
- Conserved more than 300 acres of privately owned land as "forever wild"
- Protected 53 acres of open space for public recreation and enjoyment
- Preserved 45 acres of prime agricultural land for farm production
- Established and maintained 3.5 miles of public walking and hiking trails
- Secured National Recreational Trail status for River Walk
- Landmarked Great Barrington's historic figures including W.E.B. DuBois and William Stanley